NJCAA Rules Modifications for 2009
The following modifications to the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Soccer Rules are to be implemented for NJCAA (junior colleges) men’s and women’s soccer games for the 2009 season.
1. Unlimited substitutions (NJCAA exception to the NCAA rule)
2. A team may sub on their own throw-ins, their own corner kicks, and any goal kick.
3. If the proper team does sub, and the other team has a sub waiting at half-field, they may also sub at that time.
4. Subs should always be waiting a half-field to enter the game, not in front of their team bench.
5. When a player receives a yellow card, a substitute must report for this player, until the next legal substitution period. This includes the goalkeeper.
1. The clock does not stop during substitutions (Exception to the NCAA rule).
2. The clock only stops on goals, injuries where the referee indicates stoppage of play, and when the referee is issuing caution and ejection cards (referee indicates stoppage of play).
3. At the end of the game, the clock operator is to call out the last ten seconds, and sound the horn, indicating the end of the match.
1. two-ten minute sudden-death periods.
This entry was posted on Friday, August 7th, 2009 at 3:52 pm and is filed under General with keyword(s) Region XV,rules. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.