2007 Ethics Cases
The following ethics cases were presented to the Executive Board for consideration in 2007. The results of the cases are summarized below:
- Five members did not attend the requisite number of business meetings. Members were fined $50. Appeals were denied.
- Two members did not attend the requisite number of business meetings. Appeals were partially upheld. Members were fined $25.
- Twelve members did not attend any business meetings. Members were fined $50. Nine members placed on one year of probation based on the information provided in their appeal.
- One member did not attend the requisite number of business meetings. Appeal was approved. No fine imposed.
NISOA requires members to attend two business meetings in addition to our chapter annual rules interpretation meeting (where we conduct a business meeting). Our ethics committee used the following guidelines (considering mitigating circumstances provided by the member) for these cases:
- Attended only one business meeting during the season. Fine imposed.
- Did not attend a business meeting during the season. Fine plus probationary status imposed.
This entry was posted on Friday, March 21st, 2008 at 12:40 pm and is filed under Executive Board with keyword(s) ethics. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.